Breaking news: The Real Don Steele and Bill Drake are in the Radio Hall of Fame
The Museum of Broadcast Communications, based in Chicago, has finally righted a wrong. Donald Revert, aka The Real Don Steele has been inducted as part of the posthumous class of 2021.
Hal "Aku Aka" Lewis
Raul Alarcon, Sr.
Dr. Joy Browne
Maurice "Hot Rod" Hulbert
E. Rodney Jones
Mary Margaret McBride
Ruth Ann Meyer
Murray "Murray the K" Kaufman
Manuel "Paco" Navarro
Martha Jean "The Queen" Steinberg
McHenry "Mac" Tichenor
Nat D. Williams
The posthumous honors were added to celebrate radio's 100th anniversary and the 33rd anniversary of the RHOF.
This year's inductees also include:
• Longstanding Local/Regional (20 years or more): Brother Wease, WAIO-Rochester
• Active Local/Regional (10 years or more): Elliot Segal, WWDC-Washington DC
• Longstanding Networks/Syndication (20 years or more): Dan Patrick (locally KLAC)
• Active Network/Syndication (10 Years or more): Kim Kommando
• Music Format On-Air Personality: Javier Romero, WAMR-Miami
• Spoken Word On-Air Personality: Preston Eliot and Steve Morrison, WMMR-Philadelphia
• Erica Farber, Radio Advertising Bureau President / CEO
• Bill Siemering, NPR Founding Director of Programming / Founding Board Member
The induction ceremony will take place on October 28.