Bulletin: Ken Charles leaving KNX

 


Ken Charles has served at all-news KNX since 2015, first as Program Director, then as Audacy Brand Manager / Format VP All-News in Southern California. Today he announced he is leaving the company. Here's what he shared with his team:

This is one of the hardest emails I have ever written. I've made the difficult professional and personal decision not to renew my contract and am stepping down as Brand Manager for KNX and Format VP for Audacy. 

It has been an honor and a privilege to be part of the 102 year history of KNX and to lead this amazing group of professionals. 

I am extremely proud of what we’ve accomplished together. We've covered every type of story imaginable, fires, earthquakes, a global pandemic, protests in the streets, two of the most intense elections ever, a Dodgers World Series victory, a Lakers NBA championship, the Rams first LA Super Bowl title (sorry Kings) and so many more. 



We celebrated KNX's 100th anniversary and won the first two national Edward R. Murrow awards in the station's 54 year all-news history. 


We've evolved the station’s sound, grown our ratings, expanded our digital footprint and become a leader in the company. 

Finally, we moved KNX to the FM dial and became KNX News 97.1 FM.  


Julie Chin, KNX News Director

There are so many of you I want to individually acknowledge and thank for making my seven years at KNX an amazing experience but I don't want this to become an Oscar speech and be played off this email. However, I do want to thank my partner in our success, our News Director, Julie Chin.  None of the above happens without Julie's help, counsel, insight, friendship and hard work. She will continue to be a steady hand in the continuing success of KNX and keep the momentum we've built going. 

Thank you all for your dedication, hard work, passion, commitment and support during my time in LA.  

I can assure you there are more great things ahead for KNX.

My last day will be 7/22 so we’re not done yet!!

No confirmation as to who will succeed Charles. Details as available.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breaking news: Don Barrett in his own words

Bulletin: Layoffs at KNX

So what happened at KFI?